This snug little cottage is situated in the heart of the old village of Robin Hood's Bay. It has been lovingly restored and retains many original features like beamed ceilings and exposed stone walls. Sleeping four in two bedrooms, although there is a price reduction for couples outside peak weeks. The property is just a few minutes' walk from the beach and all of the shops and cafes in the Bay. A fifteen minute drive takes you to the beautiful and historic town of Whitby whilst 25 minutes the other way is the large seaside resort of Scarborough.
Entrance: Through a gate into a small yard.
Kitchen: Fridge with icebox, gas hob and oven, microwave and washing machine.
Dining Area: Folding table and stools.
Lounge: Wall-mounted TV with DVD, beamed ceiling and electric fire in an ornate surround.
Bathroom: Bath, toilet and washbasin.
Bedroom 1: Double bed, built-in wardrobes, wall-mounted TV/DVD.
Bedroom 2: Full-sized bunk beds and en suite shower.
Pets: Sorry, no pets.
Parking: No parking provided.
Heating: Gas central heating, electric fire in lounge.
Short breaks: Accepted all year round.
Notes: Please bring your own towels. Reduced price for two people outside peak weeks. WiFi is not available. No smoking at this property. Mobile phone signal is weak
Pub & Shop: 0.1 miles.
- Saturday changeover
- Sleeps 4
- 2 Bedrooms
- Sorry, no pets
- Sorry, no WiFi
- Sorry, no garden/courtyard
- 2 Bathrooms
- Bed linen provided
- Equipped with a washing machine
- Equipped with a tumble dryer
- Nearest pub: 0.1 mile away
- 0.1 mile from the coast
|Band||Date Range||7 night price *|
|B||18th February 2017 - 24th February 2017||£336.00|
|A||25th February 2017 - 7th April 2017||£291.00|
|C||8th April 2017 - 28th April 2017||£367.00|
|B||29th April 2017 - 26th May 2017||£336.00|
|D||27th May 2017 - 2nd June 2017||£413.00|
|C||3rd June 2017 - 30th June 2017||£367.00|
|D||1st July 2017 - 21st July 2017||£413.00|
|E||22nd July 2017 - 1st September 2017||£457.00|
|C||2nd September 2017 - 29th September 2017||£367.00|
|B||30th September 2017 - 20th October 2017||£336.00|
|C||21st October 2017 - 27th October 2017||£367.00|
|A||28th October 2017 - 22nd December 2017||£291.00|
|E||23rd December 2017 - 24th December 2017||£457.00|
* Please note: guide prices are based on the current year's prices and do not include optional items such as pet fees.
The pictures on the website do not do justice to the living room and bedrooms. Much more spacious than we expected.Mrs C Moffatt - 23rd December 2016
A lovely little cottage. Excellent value for money. Well equipped and good location.Mrs L Hargreaves - 27th August 2016
Robin Hoods Bay
One of the jewels in the crown of the North East coastline is the small fishing village of Robin Hoods Bay. Located five miles south of Whitby and 15 miles north of Scarborough, it is the perfect place for a self-catering holiday. Steeped in history this quaint village with its winding cobbled streets, dotted with cafes, pubs and shops it is well catered for visitors. It boasts a stunning beach at the foot of the bay which provides a paradise for family fun. Children will be entertained with plenty of rock pools to splash in and fossils to hunt, while adults can take in the breathtaking views of the cliffs which tell the enchanting history of the place.
Access Statement for Minstead Cottage,Peacock Row, Robin Hoods Bay, Whitby, N.Yorkshire
Minstead Cottage is situated in a coastal village on the eastern side of the UK 6 miles south of Whitby. As is typical of these old fishing villages which dot this coastline the access to them is difficult. This cottage lies in the older part of the village and is accessed down a steep hill initially and then up several steps where it then levels out to give direct access to the cottage. The beach is approximately a 5 minute walk away.
An end terraced two storey property at the end of a small cul de sac passage of cottages. The accommodation in Minstead brielfly comprises on the ground floor: Kitchen, Liviing Room, Entrance Lobby, Bathroom (bath,hand basin WC). First Floor: 2 Bedrooms (one with ensuite shower).
There is a paved yard to the front.
- Nearest Railway Station - Whitby 6 miles North
- There are several taxi services available in Whitby - taxi rank just outside the station across the road by the harbour.
- Bus services run hourly from the Bus Station outside the railway station in Whitby. The X93 runs from Middlesborough to Scarborough stopping on Thorpe Lane in Robin Hoods Bay. Please bear in mind that this stop is at the top of the steep hill down to the village.
- The streets around the village, once you have left the main road, are, to be fair uneven. Most are paved but there are some cobbled areas also. Access to the beach, by the main roads, is tarmacced.
- There is a local store (The Muir Lea Stores), a short distance away, which provides a good range of goods.
- The national supermarket Sainsburys is on the outskirts of Whitby.
Key Collection, Welcome and Car Parking
- The key can be collected from the key safe attached to the wall by the kitchen entrance. Details will be given by Yorkshire Holiday Cottages prior to your visit.
- Parking is a problem in Lower Bay. There are no car parks with the cottage. There are two public car parks in Upper Bay including Blue Badge spaces. The one nearest the cottage, opposite the Victoria Hotel, has limited spaces and can fill up quickly. The other(opposite the Grosvenor Hotel) is much larger but is much further away.
- Access from both car parks necessitate traversing the steep hill.
Entrance to Property
- There are two entrances to the cottage. The main door gives access to the entrance lobby which leads to the living room.
- The door which is used the most is that to the kitchen - a stable type door with a step down in to the kitchen and restricted head height.
- Access from the yard is reasonably level.
- Door opening widths are : Main door 709mm/31ins. Height 1.98m/78ins. Kitchen 706mm/30ins. Height 1.78m/70ins.
- There is an external light which illuminates the yard and both the kitchen and lobby are well lit internally with ceiling lights.
- Floor surfaces are principally carpet but there are lino floor coverings in the kitchen.
Halls, Stairs, Landings, Passageways
- Hall ,Stairs and Landing are carpeted and well lit.
- Stairs to the first floor are quite steep but there are handrails on both sides.
- The lobby area has limited access.
- Min width - lobby - 706mm/30ins. Stairs 709mm/31ins. Landing 706mm/30ins.
- The lounge is compact. There are two sofas(one a sofa bed) a central coffee table, bookshelf, TV, DVD and CD player.
- There is a level access from the lobby and 2 steps from the kitchen (at a lower level).
- Furniture is moveable although the sofas are heavy.
- Lighting is good - 2 wall lights and a ceiling light fitting.
- Carpet fitted to the floor.
- Door widths - kitchen/living room 700mm/28ins. Lounge/Hall 700mm/28ins.
- There is no Dining Room.
- Kitchen accessed from the yard and from the lounge. Both have steps down.
- There is a small area where a fold down table and 4 folding chairs are located.
- Sink has a mixer tap. Cordless kettle. Gas hob. Electric oven. Floor and wall cupboards. Integral fridge with freezer box. Fitted washing machine.
- Lit by fluorescent tube and wall light.
- Lino floor covering.
- Oven/hob 806mm/34ins. Microwave 1.22m/48ins. Work surface 900mm/36ins. Highest door of fridge 503mm/21ins, lowest 208mm/11ins.
Bedrooms and Sleeping Areas
- All bedrooms are on the first floor.
- Main bedroom is a double room. Double bed and fitted wardrobe with cupboards above. Built in wash hand basin with hot and cold water.
- Second bedroom has two bunk beds and a free standing wardrobe.
- Ceiling lights in both bedrooms.
- Floor surfaces are carpets.
- Walls and doors magnolia/white.
- Ample space to one side of the double bed. Restricted access to the other side.
- Door widths - Double 609mm/27ins. Bunk 509mm/23ins.
Bathrooms, Shower-rooms and Toilets
- Ground floor bathroom has level access from the lobby. Door opening 604mm/25ins. WC height floor to seat 308mm/15ins. Washbasin 800mm/32ins.
- One small step up to shower on first floor but access restricted.
- Ceiling lights.
- Grey cushion floor fitted to bathroom.
- Walls white.
- Doorways wood stained.
- Trained assistance dogs are welcome.
- Local Hospital at Whitby(close to railway/bus stations) tel: 01947 824208
- Doctors at Whitby 01947 820888.
- No internet available.
- Mobile phone reception in lower bay is poor/non existent.
We've hand-picked a selection of Holiday Extras from trusted partners to make your holiday extra special. When you make your booking, you'll see all the Extras on offer at your chosen property and be able to add them to your holiday. Booking them in advance gives you more time to relax when you arrive, and remember - many of these offers are exclusive so you won’t find them anywhere else.
Virgin Wines 12 Bottle Classic Wine Selection
This classic case oozes class and is perfect to give you various flavours from across the globe! Enjoy 2 bottles of each wine to encourage sharing or indulgence...
- Normal price
Virgin Wines 12 Bottle Luxury Wine Selection
This 12 bottle case is packed full of wines to blow you away with flavours and complexities all round – a case guaranteed to impress all who get the pleas...
- Normal price
Virgin Wines 6 Bottle Celebratory Wine Selection
A true Prosecco lovers case! No excuse is needed for this beautiful selection (so don’t let others tell you any different!). Start with the wonderful flor...
- Normal price
Virgin Wines 6 Bottle Classic Wine Selection
This 6 bottle classic case is perfect for those wanting to try something of everything – carefully selected to incorporate crowd pleasers from across the ...
- Normal price
Visiting Spa Company Bespoke Treatment Package
We can tailor a pamper package to suit your exact requirements. Delivered in the comfort of your holiday property, this could involve an alternative time durati...
Europcar Car Hire
Europcar, our preferred car hire partner, are offering you great quality UK car hire at affordable prices. With our dedicated offer you will save up to 20%.&nbs...
Dineindulge Dineindulge - private dining service
Enjoy private dining in the comfort of your holiday property. Dineindulge offer a personal chef service with restaurant quality cuisine at an affordable price.
Visiting Spa Company Escape & Unwind Treatment Package
Make your stay extra special with a luxurious treatment package, brought to you in the comfort of your holiday property. You’ll feel utterly indulge...
- £175.00 - £265.00
Sponge Sponge Cakes
We can offer you a great 15% discount on a fantastic range of lovingly handmade sponge cakes, delivered by courier right to your holiday cottage.There are a who...