Why let with us?
Are you looking for a professional and friendly agency to help you with letting your cottage? Somebody local and yet with a strong national marketing power? Somebody who can maximize your income and minimize any inconvenience?
We believe there is no substitute for knowledge and experience, and there is no reason why a professional service cannot be personal too.
Our sales and reservations staff go the extra mile to make sure that customers choose the right Yorkshire cottage to suit their holiday needs and our Homeowner Liaisons are dedicated to maintaining a regular dialogue on how your property is performing and what we can do to help raise its revenue potential – we’ll also keep you abreast of changes in the industry and any legislation that relates to holiday lettings.
Everyone who holidays with us is sent a Customer Service Questionnaire at the end of their stay in which they are asked to rate their whole holiday experience and give feedback on what they think of both the property in which they stayed, and the service they received from us. If anything important is highlighted in these Customer Service Questionnaires we make contact with the homeowner immediately, while individual Property Analysis forms are sent to all homeowners at the end of each year.
We have a valuable working relationship with the VisitEngland organisation and if you chose for your property to be VisitEngland graded on all assessment visits we can provide fast and important feedback on the assessor’s comments and how a higher grading might be achieved. Our own VisitEngland trained Assessor may ensure that your property is graded after recruitment.
Why we believe we are the best:
- Since Ingrid Flute's Yorkshire Holiday Cottages was established in 1970 we have built an excellent reputation for providing a quality service.
- We are a family-owned business, based in Whitby and totally independent of any national agency.
- Our staff live locally and many have been with us for a number of years. Their experience and property knowledge is invaluable and is one of our unique selling points.
- Customer loyalty is high, allowing us to benefit from an excellent repeat booking pattern.
- Our service to owners is personal but always professional.
- Advertising is national as well as regional and is constantly reviewed to produce the best results.
- Marketing is 'fresh' and always promotes the advantages of holidaying in Yorkshire.
- Monthly emails inform customers of local events and activities.
- Our comprehensive website is integrated with our booking system and allows for online reservation and payment.
- We also run a PR campaign which generates coverage in newspapers and magazines.
- Our contract is flexible and can normally be tailored to individual needs.
- The commission rate of 18% plus VAT is competitive and owner bookings are not restricted at all.
- Our Cancellation Scheme guarantees that owners are paid 100% of the value of a booking in the event the guest cancels their holiday, regardless of whether we are able to re-book the holiday.
- Our fees are made clear and there are no hidden surprises.
- Advice is free, without obligation and readily given. We can talk you through any prospective purchase and are more than happy to discuss projects 'off-plan'.
To find out more about what we can do for you click here to request your owner pack.