- £990 per week
- £141 per night
- 7 Guests
- 3 Bedrooms
- 2 Bathrooms
- 2 Pets
Beds & bedrooms
- Bed linen provided
- 1 king/super-king bed
- 3 single beds
- 1 zip & link beds - can be king/super king or single beds
- 1 sofa bed
- Washing machine
- Tumble dryer
- 3 WCs
- Towels provided
- En-suite bathroom
- Family friendly
- Travel cot
- Enclosed garden or courtyard
- Private parking
- Electric car charging point
- Rural location
How far to...?
- Beach 44 miles
- Pub 2.5 miles
- Shop 2.3 miles
- Open fire or woodburner
- Smart TV
- Hot tub
- Countryside views
- Electric car charging point
Important - please note
- Preferred changeover day: Monday & Friday all year
- Check in: 5:00pm
- Check out: 9:00am
To give our cleaners enough time to complete the additional cleaning and sanitising that is currently needed to keep our guests safe, check-in and check-out times at the majority of our properties have been temporarily revised. The revised times for this property are reflected above.
- Ground floor toilet
Read the full Access Statement for this property.
***Please note the hot tub will not be available for use until the 30th of April 2021***
Enjoy a relaxing and peaceful break at this spacious, traditional Lancashire farmhouse which combines timeless character with all the comforts of contemporary-country living.
Spectacular, panoramic views across the beautiful Ribble Valley stretch out beyond the spacious south-facing living areas, bedrooms and, from the stunning, contemporary outdoor entertaining terrace, offering visitors a truly special holiday experience.
Friends and family times – space for all, even the dog!
Sleeping up to 8 people – seven among the three large and comfortable double-bedrooms, plus a pull-out bed for one more in the separate study - the house is ideal for family holidays, maybe with a beloved pet, or for some quality time away with friends.
Full of light and space, the Farmhouse is ideal for entertaining – the generous living and dining areas work perfectly for inviting more guests over, to relax and enjoy time together by day or evening. Or you can also rent the beautiful, self-contained sister property, the 2-bedroomed Davis Gate Cottage, which lies just next door, to include up to four more visitors in your holiday party in comfort.
The farmhouse has been transformed from its historic purpose, to provide high-quality, centrally heated holiday accommodation, with many original features such as exposed beams and flagstone floors. Comfortably and tastefully furnished, the décor is a mix of modern and traditional styles, from contemporary fabrics to high-quality artworks and prints.
While the large kitchen-dining space offers all the modern amenities for your cooking and entertaining, a special feature is the beautiful 2-door Aga, giving the Farmhouse its warm cosy atmosphere and a real taste of traditional country-living.
Relax with your family or friends in the comfortable, wood-beamed lounge, warm and cosy in front of a real fire in the log-burner. Spend lazy evenings here, enjoying games and activities, or gather to watch your favourite films on the 55” television, perfectly placed for everyone to get a good view.
Sunrises, sunsets and stargazing from the secluded hot tub
Stepping outside, the Farmhouse’s stone patio spans the whole width of the house and extends on the same level onto a stunning, contemporary raised terrace deck, edged by glass balustrades, so you can enjoy those vast views uninterrupted. There’s plenty of room for outdoor dining and relaxation, with the large table and chairs provided.
Just along the terrace deck, step down and through an archway, to sink into the luxury of the Hot Tub. Slightly secluded from the house, here you can soak up the natural landscape in privacy. The perfect place to enjoy the bubbles – or maybe some that come in a glass. Watch the big expanse of sky change from daytime, through sunset, to become clear and starlit nights, free of light pollution.
Beyond the terrace deck, step into the large and secluded private garden, again enjoying those panoramic views. The garden is enclosed with lawns and flower beds, with a natural wooded area bordering a stream that is protected by a hedge and fencing.
Food and drink, pretty places, local heritage – great options close by.
Nearby, the area is blessed with excellent pubs and restaurants, featuring the best of regional and wider cuisine. Call in at the Stydd Gardens, Ribchester a short walk away, for a great breakfast or lunch/wine bar- even visit the Roman ruins in the village. The area is blessed with many good eating establishments – Ribchester Arms; The Inn at Whitewell; Aspinall Arms, Shireburn Arms and many more. Close by are the traditional market towns of Clitheroe and Skipton – both with castles to visit, revealing their historic past and a range of shops and facilities. Local supermarkets and independent stores for grocery and fresh supplies are also on hand within a few minutes’ drive in nearby Longridge.
Walking, cycling, forests, countryside and castles
Lying on the edge of Forest of Bowland – an Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty – Davis Gate Farmhouse is an ideal base for exploring the whole of the Ribble Valley and the forest. Enjoy the beautiful walks through green fells and ancient woodland, which lie just steps away from the cottage, passing through surrounding open farmland and quiet lanes. Or try out the variety of cycle routes for all skill levels within easy reach.
The Yorkshire Dales, the southern Lake District and the Fylde coast are all less than an hour’s drive away, as are the cities of Manchester and Liverpool.
- Entrance Hall- Large front door opens onto a large, welcoming space which is stone flagged and includes an oak-framed, carpeted staircase leading to the first floor. Off this entrance is a downstairs cloakroom with space to hang coats and a study with built in oak desk, cupboards and bookcase.
- Kitchen/Dining – Bespoke handmade kitchen with granite worktop; Aga and 2-ring electric hob; sink and dishwasher; under counter fridge; Aga kettle, microwave and 4-slice toaster. Large, central dining table and chairs, seating 10 easily and 12 slightly tighter. Beautiful, large handcrafted frosted-glass storage cupboards down one side of the table. At the opposite end to the Aga is a Log burner framed by two Armchairs to sit and enjoy the kitchen ambience
- Lounge – Cosy up on the comfortable sofas and armchairs, in front of your woodburning stove, whilst watching your favourite programme on a large 55” wall mounted smart TV.
- Utility room – split into 2 areas: one with sink, washing machine, dryer and Laundry Maid Dryer, as well as a large American fridge-freezer and wine rack; the other area with ample room for pet beds, outdoor wear including walking shoes and coats.
FIRST FLOOR up 12 stairs
- Bedroom 1 – Large bright bedroom with a super-king Ottoman bed (this bed is a Zip and Link, and can be made up as twin beds on request); bedside tables with lamps; sofa, cupboard, table, TV, radio; and suitcase stand. There is a table-mounted TV which can be viewed both from the bed and the Bergere Sofa.
- Ensuite/Dressing Room - This includes ample space for clothes, both hanging and shelves; a large marble-surrounded bath with overhead shower, bidet, toilet and sink.
- Bedroom 2 – King Bed with wall-mounted headboard; bedside tables and lamps; antique pine large wardrobe, with hanging and drawer space; and a chest of drawers/dressing table with mirror.
- Bedroom 3 – 3 single, pine-framed sleigh-beds, 2 chests of drawers, bedside lamps.
- Bathroom – Marbled throughout, bath with overhead shower; sink and toilet.
- Pets – 2 well-behaved dogs welcome.
- Garden –Secluded enclosed private garden. Level patio; raised decking; 2 steps down to hot tub to the side of house; 4 steps lead down onto large garden which has lawns, flower beds and a naturally wooded and wilder side, bordering a hedge/fenced protected stream.
- Parking – Private gravelled car park, for 8-10 cars.
- Heating – Oil fired central heating and hot water system; 2 log-burning stoves with a Welcome basket of logs provided; and an Aga.
- Short breaks – Monday to Friday or Friday to Monday
- Notes – Towels and bedding are provided. Travel cot and highchair by request. Welcome tray provided; Smoking is not allowed at this property. Unlimited Wi-Fi is available free of charge. Mobile signal is good generally. Bicycle storage is available. Electric car charging available by prior arrangement at an additional cost.
Larger parties of up to 11: This property can be booked alongside Davis Gate Cottage, sleeping 4 in 2 bedrooms, which lies just next door, just search property reference LA371 on our website to see availability.
The Forest of Bowland
The Forest of Bowland is located in the Ribble Valley in an Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty and is ideal for walkers, wildlife enthusiasts and birdwatchers, with many footpaths and forest trails surrounding the area. Beautiful scenery and pretty villages are amongst the main attractions of the area, as well as excellent garden centres. It is also an ideal central location for visiting the whole of the Yorkshire Dales, the Lake District and the Ribble Valley, not forgetting the West Coast. The market towns of Skipton and Clitheroe are also within easy reach.